Saturday 13 December 2008

The organised home

I just came across this blog post and found it to be very encouraging. I personally find it very hard to keep the home organised and in tip top condition all the time, but I would like to try out these tips insha Allaah.


I don't like to houseclean. I would much rather read a book, learn something new, or be with my husband or kids. On the other hand, I love a clean, organized home that is also beautifully decorated. I suppose this is a bad combination, but over the years, these desires have driven me to find ways to have my cake and eat it, too. Here are some organizational tips I learned from various people and places:

If you have a lot of possessions, your home can't stay neat and organized unless you are willing to spend a lot of time keeping it so. I am not willing to do this, so I ruthlessly purge on a regular basis.

The more decorations you have, the more you have to dust. Think: Decorations = Time. I choose a few, well-placed decorations and give away those that we are getting tired of looking at.
Read more

No comments: